We make this Christian walk so difficult for OURSELVES when all we need is to get back to the basics and that's what Patrick Morley does ... he gives us the seven basic needs; primal needs and provides the solution to "our challenge" ... His solution is not simply that men try harder, but that we take that primal need and go back to the Word. That's all any of us need today is A WORD from God; we don't need another program or quick fix or whatever WE NEED A WORD and without that WORD we will flounder.
The question he seeks to answer is: "What do men who lead powerful, transformed lives do differently then their lukewarm counterparts?"
The answer is found in digging into God's Word, following the Holy Spirit's guidance and living out such truth in one's life.
So what are the 7 primal needs?
1. To feel like you don't have to do life alone.
2. To believe -- really believe -- that God loves and cars about you personally.
3. To understand how your life has a purpose, that your life is not random.
4. To break free from the destructive behaviors that keep dragging you down.
5. To satisfy your soul's thirst for transcendence, awe, and communion.
6. To love and be loved without reservation.
7. To make a contribution and leave the world a better place.
What I love about the book is that Morley understands Christianity is not about behavior modification, it's all about the HEART. Do you know Jesus? I mean really know Him?
Got this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah ...blogging for books ... check it out