08 October 2011

Time to go on a Sacred Journey

This is a Book Review on the book The Sacred Journey by Charles Foster. I liked it, I liked it very much!

Never had I considered that we were perhaps created to wander.

As I began to read, I realized there is example after example of wandering people favored by God over those who built large empires or business. It is so easy as an American to assume bigger means better. I came to realize that is not necessarily true.

“The accounts of Jesus’ life are geographically very explicit.” He had said, “Follow me.” I just had never taken this as literally as the book challenged me to.

Charles wrote the following, “The penalty for wanting to be a settler is that you become one.” How profound! We settle – in so many ways.

Settling, America has done just that instead of holding true to its convictions, they've settled to make "everyone" happy and in the end we've lost our moral compass. It's time to return back to God, to get our moral compass back.

To stand up to the "special interest" group that says bad is good and good is contrary to truth. Jesus is the truth and when we ALL get back on that Sacred Journey we'll find Christ and TRUTH!!

I would recommend this book to anyone willing to consider that the ‘American Dream’ is the very thing keeping all of us from really making the impact on our world that God desires from us.

This book was brought to me courtesy of Booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment