20 May 2012

Search me oh God

But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. – (1 John 2:20-21)

Jesus had promised that the Holy Spirit, whom he called (depending on which version or translation of the Bible you read) the Comforter, Counselor or Advocate, would come and lead us into all truth (John 16:13). The Spirit, who inspired the writing of the Scriptures (2 Tim. 2:16-17), is alive in us and helps us discern, know, and understand God’s truth (1 Cor. 2:10-16).

The Spirit of the Living God lives in us and is at work in us —that means He’s working in me!

So now each of us has got to ask ourselves whether or not we are inviting the Holy Spirit into our lives to assist us discerning, knowing, and understanding God’s truth? The question in our minds should be aimed at our yielding or lack thereof to the Spirit and be honest with yourself enough to ask am I digging in the Word of God seeking to be informed and transformed by Holy Spirit? Am I asking for the Holy Spirit to challenge, correct, filter, and redeem what I hear, read, see, and think? Rather than surrendering to the lie that all truth is subjective, let’s turnover what we hear, read, see and think to the Spirit of truth!


Prayer :
O Lord, right now  my heart joins with the words of David, your servant, who said: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Please transform my thinking and my living by Your Holy Spirit and change me for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment