20 May 2016

engulf me in who YOU are

Father we are seeking You.  We long for Your presence.  There is none like You.  You are an awesome God.  Unmatched, unchanged, immovable.  We live in a world that is so lost and yet You aren't surprised.  You aren't surprised by anything Your creation has done, is doing or will do.  You know the beginning from the end and everything in between.  We try to fill the void in our lives with stuff ... yet You don't turn Your back on us.  You are always ready and willing to receive us unto Yourself.  There's an uncomfortability of waiting for You Lord.

An uneasiness that can only be explained by a longing desire to be in Your presence, to feel Your touch, to hear Your voice.  A deeper calling, a deeper yearning that can only be filled by You.  You call out to us and yet more times than not we hear nothing or at least give the impression that we hear nothing.  When in fact we do hear Your voice and do nothing about it.  The stirring within is the response to the Spirit You've deposited within each of us to commune with You; to walk with You in the light of day; to rest with You in the dark of night.

Stir this weary soul, grasp my heart, consume me, use these hands, these feet, this voice for Your glory.

Stir the stagnant waters of my soul
Merge me with Your river which springs life
I don't have all the right words
To say that will provoke You
To want me anymore than You already do
Won't You come

Come like You promised
Pour out Your Spirit
Pour out Your Spirit
Overcome the darkness of my night
Jesus be the strength of my life
Reaching past my hiding oh reach beyond my running
Oh Lord flood my soul with Your love
You love like a Father
You love like a brother
You love like a lion
Fierce like no other
You violently chase me down to embrace me
Engulf me in who You are
CCLI Song # 6096742

No comments:

Post a Comment