02 March 2017

Simply Jesus

Pondering the thoughts racing through my mind this day, trying to come up with my version of a focus zeroed at developing a deeper relationship with Christ.

Kind of funny in a way how as a human and our way of doing things or attempting to do them; and rather than something being relatively easy, I somehow develop this onion because of the number of layers either self created or that suddenly begin to appear.  What once should have been a free flowing fixation on Christ, suddenly becomes overwhelming thoughts of just doing it and it never gets done.

Not anymore or at least for the moment. Let me put it this way ... Two words .... SIMPLY JESUS.

Not that Jesus is simple because after all He is the humanity of that which is Divine.

However I'm left to ask myself with Jesus as King, do I make Him or just knowing Him a layered process? Or is it enough to say SIMPLY JESUS and then go after Him.

I'm not trying to simplify Jesus, I'm just trying to keep from being overwhelmed by the concept of a deeper relationship. See it isn't in a ritualistic rigid reading plan. It isn't about beating myself up for not getting up early enough to pray the five points of the prayer guide, it isn't even giving something up for 40 days, it isn't any of that, it is however, just an intentionality that finds myself lacking without the One who is the life giver.

It's simply sitting at His feet, not seeking an answer to prayer or a problem, rather simply seeking SIMPLY JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment