17 May 2017

Offended

I read a post that stated ... "I have no problem with the Gospel being explained.  I have a huge problem with it being changed in order not to offend."

Here's the deal, for anyone trying to figure out a way to temper or tiptoe around the art of telling someone about Jesus .... the Gospel is offensive.

Why?

It points out my weaknesses, my shortcomings, my failures ... it fillets my soul, it strips me down leaving me bare and void of everything that identifies me as me. It reveals the truth of the matter that I am utterly dependant on God.

We become offended because it makes plain who and what I'm not and in that lies the beauty of it all because the Gospel is the key to being, not fixed, but set free. No longer focused on who I'm not, but now with a clear and present view of who I am in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment