19 May 2017

ONE thing

What's been the one thing you've been going back to God about? Is it healing, is it deliverance, is it freedom from addiction, is it freedom from sin, is it materialistic blessings, is it financial breakthrough, is it health, wealth and prosperity?

If I had the ability to go into your prayer closet and download those prayers, what would be discovered about your heart's desire?

While I'm not saying don't pray for those things, because in fact we are to keep seeking, asking and knocking, BUT what I am saying is that maybe our focus is incorrect. Maybe our sights are set to low. Because God has so much more for us than we could possibly imagine but we settle for the whatever.  Stay with me for a moment ...

Low sighted perspective keeps me searching for a different view.  When I'm running and hiding from the pursuit by the enemy of my thoughts, the enemy that wants to keep in the fore front of my mind of everything I'm not and everything I don't have; I know I am healed because He was battered, beaten and bruised for me; that it was by His stripes I am healed. Isaiah 53:5. I know I am set free from sin. Romans 6:22. I know I am blessed with all I need as my eyes are on Him. Matthew 6:33 (read the previous verses for the proper perspective).

So while I frantically pray for these things, my perspective is too low because He (according to His Word has nothing but good for me. Matthew 7:11)  I submit to you that we gain a right perspective as a child of the King and that our prayer focus be that which David  outlines for us in Psalm 27.

It is in this Psalm where we find the very reason that he was a man after God's own heart.  Verses 1-3 are David's reminder for us that our confidence should be God centered.  Verses 4-6 is the reminder that our desire simply (but at the same time so very deeply complex) should be to be in a state of constant communion with God. Verses 7-12 should be our prayer and verses 13 and 14 is the declaration of our faith in knowing that He is who He says He is and will do what He said He would do.

In a nutshell our desire (and I'm not going to caveat anything with this because if we can ever truly grasp this everything else WILL fall into place because it is no longer our perspective but it is seeing, feeling, hearing, touching and tasting through the filter of God Almighty)  ... our desire should simply be verse 4 of Psalm 27 ... One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple..

To be in His presence is not just everything, it should be the ONLY thing we desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment