22 May 2017

QOD - What has to be taken before it can be given?

So I've been doing a riddle or question of the day with my children lately. They like the challenge and it's a way for them to dip into dad's BOS (Bucket 'O' Seeds).

The child who comes up with the answer without the assistance of the internet gets to grab a pack of sunflower seeds.

Well the one for today provided an opportunity to share a little snippet from Holy Spirit. Nothing Earth shattering but share worthy nonetheless, as we can always use a reminder of anything to keep our eyes on Jesus.

So the question of the day was what has to be taken before it can be given?

I'm thinking
I'm thinking
I'm thinking
I'm thinking

Answer: a picture

Speaking about pictures ... Pictures are moments we capture in time and they help us to remember various things throughout life. While those times have gone, the memories captured in them escape time. Much like the word of God escapes time. The Bible was written many years ago, yet the memories contained in the writing are timeless. As we commit to hiding His Word in our heart, we are promised a better outcome when it comes to our battle with sin. Psalm 119:11 ... It doesn't mean we won't but I like my chances when I purpose in my life to read, study and memorize His Word. So that I can hide it, to capture the never fading memory of His Truth in my life. 


PRAYER: Oh Lord may we make the time to hide Your Word in our heart. To strengthen and encourage us daily and to keep the memory of what You've done firmly planted in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment