23 May 2017

QOD - Where do bedtime books sleep?

I'm thinking
I'm thinking
I'm thinking

Under their covers.

Cover; it's warm, it's protective, it's secure. I remember while I was active duty military, Psalm 91 became a scripture of protection. We know the power of the Word of God and we would literally pray the scripture for protection of friends and family during deployments and training.  I still find myself holding to this passage and specifically because of the promise of His protective cover over me or whomever else adheres to the directive found in the first few verses.  Knowing that if I dwell in the shelter of the Most High I find the promise of cover by the Father.  And when the cover is provided by Him, I can rest peacefully and have no worry nor fear, because it is He who will deliver, it is He who will protect, it is He who will cover.

PRAYER: Father may I ever remember that it is Your desire for me to stay ever so close to You. That it is Your shadow that will shield me from the harsh realities of life. That because You are faithful, You will do as You've promised as I hide myself in the secret place. Help me to dwell not simply to be protected but to simply be in Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment