24 May 2017

QOD - What has four eyes and runs south?

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

Answer: The Mississippi River

At 2,320 miles in length, the Mississippi River is the fourth longest river in the world. If you wanted to float that River you could check off 10 states visited.

I've seen the mighty Mississipp, but I do have the privilege of saying I've boated the longest river in the world that nearly doubles that length. The Amazon; popping in at over 4,345 miles long.  It's quite amazing to see something that vast and to know that all those miles of river aren't just for show.

Barring any catylclismic weather issues, the Amazon will be flowing with life for a mighty long time, yet in all those miles and tons of water that flow, there's a River of Life that will flow from us that will make the Amazon look like a rain drop.

John 7:38 tells me that Jesus said, "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 

That promise is for you and me today because in the next verse I'm told it's dealing with the Holy Spirit that will be flowing through believers. And if it's the Spirit that's flowing through me and you as we are led by Him, how much more empowered we can be to affect change in our own little world.

PRAYER: Father I thank You for the Rivers of Living Water that flow through me as my belief is in You.  May I be encouraged to share this gift that's available to whosoever will receive that which You have given. May we be caught up in the rush and flow of this water that gives life.

No comments:

Post a Comment