25 May 2017

Needing a helper?

QOD - A man who lived on the top floor of a twenty story building had to go up and down daily for work, and of course, for food and the other necessities. On most days he could only ride the elevator to the fifteenth story, and he would have to walk the rest of the way. When it rained, however, he could ride all the way up to the twentieth story. Why?

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

ANSWER:

The man wasn't tall enough to reach the button for the 20th floor. He could only reach the 15th story button on the elevator. When it rained, he brought his umbrella, and used it to press the 20th story button on the elevator.

Have you ever needed something or someone to help you?  When you think about it, it's rather funny or sad, pending, your perspective, that many of us don't like anyone to help us.  We think we've got things on lock down, and that we don't need or even want anyone to help us.

But that's contrary to what the Lord intended from the beginning. That we would not be left alone.  Even if you think you might be alone you aren't because the Holy Spirit came so that we might have a helper in this life.

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The promise from Christ to His disciples, applies to us today as much as it did for His disciples yesterday.

PRAYER: Father thank You for sending Your Son to be there hope of our salvation. Thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to make plain Your truth. Help me not be so alone centered but surround me with those seeking after You, that encourage and help me to know You more.

No comments:

Post a Comment