26 May 2017

What do you do with yours?

QOD -- It runs and runs but can never flee. It is often watched, yet never sees. When long it brings boredom, When short it brings fear.
What is it?

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking


Answer: Time, which is often watched when you stare at a clock.

Teach me to number my days ... What a request of the Lord, yet only if we would take heed to what Moses was saying here in Psalm 90.  Might I suggest you take a moment to bite into that thought, then like a cow and its cudd, bring it back up from time to time because it is so good.

As I walked out my door to rush off to work, I pause this morning before closing my door ... At the dinner table was my oldest daughter who will be 17 on her birthday, on the couch were two more of my daughters; 14 and 12.  Serving in the military is my 24 year old son.  Seems like only yesterday these little people were nipping at my ankles.

Where does the time go? Have I done everything that I could have done, am I doing all I can now? These are questions that go round and round in my mind daily but if I spend too much time dwelling on them, I find my running on the seeming treadmill of life doesn't get me where I want go.

It's in that passage, Moses wrote, that reminds me to be intentional with the time I've been given, to be intentional with my relationships and to STOP my mind long enough so when the music starts, I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms and play that ATV playstation game one more time. 


PRAYER: Father teach us to be intentional with the time and people You have given us. It is in my intentionality where the difference is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment