05 June 2017

QOD -- What is orange and sounds like a parrot?

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

I'm thinking

Answer: A carrot

I remember as a child being told that if I ate my carrots I would have good eye sight. I believed it at the time and so ate them. Come to find out I liked them more raw than cooked but in reality wasn't too sure about the effect on my eyesight.

With the right eye sight we can see everything there is to see, but with bad eyesight we aren't going to see very well and maybe even miss something that would otherwise give us the confidence to do that which we initially deemed impossible.

Take for example Elisha's servant, in 2 King's 6, he didn't have eyes to see what Elisha saw when they found themselves surrounded by the Syrian king's army.  The servant thought they were done for and even asked Elisha what they were going to do now.

But Elisha, whose mind was stayed on the Deliverer encouraged the servant: let's check it out in 2 King's 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

You see when we are faced with seemingly insurmountable odds, let's keep our eyes on the Deliverer and see what He's trying to show us. 

PRAYER: Father many times we will find ourselves surrounded by an enemy who is all too ready to crush us, but may we have Your eyes to see what You are trying to show us and not only see and know but to understand that there are far more for us than against us as we walk in Your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment